About Electric Kiwi
Electric Kiwi was developed by Ross Barber, a long-time artist, performer and music enthusiast, whose commitment to design incredible websites for musicians is grounded in a deep appreciation for the challenges that artists face in marketing themselves.
Ross began developing websites as a hobby at a young age, before pursuing his BA (Hons) degree in Popular Music. During his academic studies and emergence as a songwriter & vocalist, Ross learned about the growth of social media as a communication tool. His DIY spirit led Ross to refining his web and graphic design skills necessary to establish a strong web presence. In no time, Ross’ creativity was being channeled into his design work; and his passion shifted from creating music, to developing websites that would impact the music industry.
His academic studies and experience as a musician provided Ross with a unique understanding of how important it is for artists to connect with fans, share their music and market themselves globally. Now, Ross is bringing music to the world in new ways. Performing has become his hobby, and design has become not only his career, but also his passion.
His portfolio highlights his dedication to the craft, and to the clients that he services. One site at a time, Electric Kiwi is building and refining the online identities of musicians, bands and artists everywhere.
Interviews, Podcasts & Guest Posts
- Industry Insight: Ross Barber (Design) [Interview with Sunny Stuart Winter]
- Indie Musicians On The Rewards Vs. The Challenges Of Building Independently [Hypebot Feature]
- Building Your Music Online Strategy [Video Interview with Music Biz Mentor]
- Yes You DO Need A Website [Interview on Mad Marketing Minute Podcast]
- 12 Days of Monetization: Selling Direct-to-Fan via Your WordPress Website [Guest Post for CyberPR Music]
- Twitter: Creating Opportunities, Finding Connections and Making it Happen! [Guest Post for Madalyn Sklar]
- Talk Shop: Electric Kiwi’s Ross Barber on Building a Great Artist Website [Interview on Mojito Mastering Blog]
- A Conversation with Ross Barber of Electric Kiwi [Interview on Unsigned Band Promotion Blog]